History of Long Hill
Joseph Maddox Artwork
Baby Sweaters by Grandma Rhoda
Email the Innkeepers
Long Hill Bed & Breakfast
George and Rhoda Kriz, Owners/Operators
547 Apple Pie Ridge Road
Winchester, VA 22603 USA
Toll free: 866.450.0341
Email Long Hill Bed & Breakfast
Notes left in journals:
- "We have stayed at many B&Bs but this has been the best experience ever. Your breakfast and your hospitality are without equal. We thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We only wish it had been for a longer period of time. P&FM"
- "We didn't want to leave! I hope you enjoyed us as much as we enjoyed you….You'll be part of our lives forever in the stories we tell people of our trips. Thank you so much." JH
- "Hospitality 'creates' a B&B, and yours is impeccable. So charming and quiet! I enjoyed it very much." P.S.
- "Your friendship and hospitality made our stay in Virginia a unique experience. We'll be back!" J&DD
- "You really made the start of our vacation special. We'll be back!!!" E&RL
- "Thanks for a wonderful overnight stay. It felt like we were staying with friends out in the country! More like home than a B&B!" S&RF
- "What a perfectly marvelous time we had! You two are the most gracious hosts I've encountered in a very long time. It was a joy to meet you and to stay in your beautiful home. You've given me a lovely memory to keep." LA
- "What a find! We are so happy to have found Long Hill. You have a beautiful home and share it very generously." A&BB
- "A beautiful home! A wonderful spot amid the woods! And a scrumptious breakfast and snacks! Best of all your friendliness. Thank you so much…" LS
- "Never expected to play a pinball machine. What a surprise. …A great mattress. We slept like rocks." R&AW
- "We all had a marvelous time! Your hospitality was marvelous and I certainly leave here feeling that we have been staying with old friends!" LE
- "Thank you so much! Great hospitality and food, good conversation & comfortable beds - all make for a wonderful weekend with friends." RA
- "How lucky we were to have chosen the best B&B we ever stayed in! The both of you are so very wonderful to be with. Rhoda, your breakfasts are fabulous! Can't wait to do the recipes at home! We felt like your beautiful Home was our Home! Thank you bunches for a wonderful experience. E&ME"
- "I feel as if I am at a friend's beautiful home. It was special!" BP
- "We had a wonderful time here. There was snow outside but warm hospitality inside. Great food and lovely hosts made this a memorable weekend." A&PG
- "Thank you both so much for making our wedding day and honeymoon so perfect. What a beautiful place for such a special weekend for us." B&AB
- "Thank you so much for all the information you have given us on the area and for the wonderful breakfasts. We'll be sure to recommend you to anyone we know who comes this way." J&LR
- "This was such a relaxing & delicious place to stay. You do a great B&B here." D&D
- "Thank you for a wonderful two days. We wish that we could stay longer. This has been the best time we have had in a B&B. Everything was better than we hoped for. Thank you for sharing your beautiful home with us." P&PS
- "We thoroughly enjoyed our stay this weekend! We felt that each time we came back to Long Hill, we were coming 'home'. Our opportunities to visit with you added a great deal to our memories of this wonderful family wedding." K&MN
- "Your gracious hospitality and detailed attentiveness to our comfort has made our weekend complete!" S&CF
- "We wish that we could stay longer. This has been the best time we have had in a B&B...."P&P
- "This has been all we hoped for in a bed & breakfast experience. These few days have met and exceeded our expectations. These days have made our anniversary that much more special." A&PK
- "We had a beautiful - romantic wedding night here at Long Hill B&B. We will treasure our very first memory as husband and wife. Thank you for sharing your home and welcoming us so graciously." B&JF
- "We have been to many B&Bs ..... and your gracious hospitality is unmatched! Thank you for your lovely accommodations, fabulous food! And great company." R&S
- "You were both what we needed. Lovely comfortable setting and charming host & hostess. We feel rejuvenated due to your loving attention in providing our comfort. Glad we came and have made your acquaintance." S&D
Poem - "Long Hill" -- written by Guest - William Marzean, Sr.
- A hill wooded, long and higher than grade,
Trees reaching to blue and with foliage low laid.
The way winding until summit is reached,
Where stress and tranquility, is found to be breached.
Water breaking from flume over stone and cool rock,
The sound of which slows, the great ticking clock.
Woodland creatures play while birds sing their song,
And nature calls to the weary to now come along.
To a quiet place where it's exquisite to be,
A hidden place of peace and pure serenity.
To lay your head, if only for just one night,
Allowing dreams that calm to take their flight.
A gift from eharts that ware willing to share,
The environmental delight, placed in their care.
A hill wooded, long and higher than grade,
The memory of which, for visitors will not soon fade.